Terms & Conditions of Sale
(Updated 4th October 2019)
The following terms and conditions apply to all new goods on retailsecurityworld.co.uk. Using this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Placing an order indicates your acceptance and the terms listed are subject to change at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted onto the site. Please read them carefully and feel free to print a copy for future reference.
1. 1. General
1. 1.1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all new goods transactions between us and yourself. They do not affect your statutory rights. Please read them carefully.
2. 1.2. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on our website (www.retailsecurityworld.co.uk).
3. 1.3. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. We do not accept amendments to these Terms and Conditions.
4. 1.4. Failure by us to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these terms and conditions.
2. 2. Customer Sales
1. 2.1. We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these terms and conditions.
2. 2.2. To order goods on our website, you must be at least 18 years of age and accept delivery within the UK. All internet orders placed on our website will be acknowledged electronically by e-mail. Please note that verbal and/or electronic acknowledgments do not constitute order confirmation or order acceptance. Your order will be accepted and the creation of a legally binding contract between you and us will take place once the goods have been dispatched or collected. (Alternatively, we may decline all or part of your order for any reason, in which case we will inform you in-person or by telephone or e-mail). We are now able to accept payment by telephone.
3. 2.3. When deciding whether or not to accept your order we may use certain information about you, including any received from credit reference agency checks. This helps to protect you and us against fraudulent transactions.
4. 2.4. We will tell you if your payment details cannot be authorized for any reason and may invite you to pay by another method or suggest that you visit our collection address.
5. 2.5. The total cost of your order will be the price of the products, any additional services you choose (e.g. installation), plus any applicable delivery charge.
6. 2.6. The total price payable will be stipulated at the time when you place your order whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been acknowledged. We will inform you of the correct price and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
All prices are Exclusive of VAT as we are Not VAT registered.
Prices are also Exclusive of delivery charges which will be payable as indicated at the time the order is placed.
7. 2.7. From time to time the prices displayed on our website may be different if you are directed to it from a third party website. Purchases at these prices can only be made on our website and by arriving on it through a relevant third party website; these prices will not be available in-store or over the telephone.
8. 2.8. Prices, offers and products are subject to availability and may change before (but not after) we accept your order. If a product becomes unavailable we may offer you an alternative.
9. 2.9. The after sale price refers to the price of any available like-for-like products after our sale event ends.
10. 2.10. All product specifications, images, descriptions and other information communicated by us, whether displayed on our price tickets, computer systems and/or website or communicated over the telephone, have been made accessible by suppliers, manufacturers, publications, publicists and/or gathered from public domain sources. Our intention is that all information should be as accurate and up-to-date as possible. However, just occasionally we make or discover an error in the price or description of a product; as such we cannot guarantee the reliability or accuracy of the information communicated. If we discover such an error on a product, which you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and ask whether you wish to continue with your order or cancel it.
11. 2.11. Full product details are available from the manufacturer’s brochures or their websites. All accessories supplied with a product are subject to upgrade or change at the manufacturer’s discretion. We will supply the product as supplied to us by the manufacturer.
12. 2.12.We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Solo, Electron, Delta and Diners. You may also pay by cheque or postal order although we cannot dispatch the goods until payment has been cleared which can take at least 14 days. Cash and Bank Transfers are also accepted.
13. 2.13. You must provide us with your exact billing address and telephone number when placing your order; this is the address and telephone number which your credit or debit card bank has on file for you. Your order will only be processed once authorisation of your credit or debit card has been properly received. You may also pay by cheque or cash sent by special delivery although delivery or collection cannot take place until payment has been cleared.
14. 2.15. All goods and services are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If we do not supply the goods for any reason we will not charge you for these and we will refund any money already paid for them. However, we will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses you may suffer if we do not supply the goods.
3. 1. Delivery within the UK
1. 3.1. All prices are exclusive of delivery charges. A charge is made for the delivery of goods and we endeavor to keep the charge as low as possible.
2. 3.2. All quoted delivery prices are for most UK Mainland addresses. Northern Ireland (BT), Isle of Wight (PO30-37), Isle of Man (IM), Scottish Highlands and Orkney Isles (PA, ML, EH, KA, G, KY, PH, DD, AB, IV, KW), Outer Hebrides and the Shetland Isles (HS, ZE) will incur additional charges and may also experience delivery delays; morning, Saturday and next working day deliveries are optional and will also incur additional charges. 3.3. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any free delivery promotion is applicable to all items for a limited period only. All delivery promotions apply to UK mainland deliveries only.
3. 3.4. We will only deliver goods to the address on the order.
4. 3.5. Delivery times are calculated in working dates, i.e. Monday to Friday inclusive but excluding bank holidays. If you order after 3.00pm, please calculate your delivery time as if your order had been placed the following working day (including if you are offered our next working day delivery service).
5. 3.6. We will agree with you a suitable delivery day, which will usually be within 2 - 7 working days for stocked product lines and within 28 working days for special orders. Delivery will usually be made direct to your doorstep by the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm. However, delivery times may vary during busy periods and from time to time we may utilize the delivery service of the manufacturer/supplier or a courier specially contracted for the delivery of your goods. We will Endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated.
6. 3.7. On occasion goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside our control. As such, delivery cannot be guaranteed and any dates we specify for the delivery of the goods are approximate only. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay for delivery of the goods. If we or our suppliers are temporarily out of stock, we will notify you of this position and you should allow up to 14 days for dispatch of the goods. For delays of more than 14 days, you will have the right to cancel the order and we will refund any money paid by you for the goods.
7. 3.8. If you are unable to accept delivery on the day we have agreed, please notify us as soon as possible and at least 24 hours ahead of the planned delivery day. If you do not notify us within this time and we were unable to deliver the goods to your home on the day that we agreed and scheduled, we reserve the right to charge a second delivery fee.
3.9 Delivery Outside of the UK
If you stay outside of the UK your order will be shipped using (International Signed For) for small items, if you choose this method which is called: (Standard Delivery for outside the UK) we will not be deemed responsible for any losses or damage in transit.
If any claims are to be made for lost items or damaged items this will have to be done through Royal Mail and claims can take up to 3 months to complete.
If you want full door to door tracked delivery service please use: (Express delivery service for outside the UK fully insured) this option is advised though is more costly.
You must agree to this for your order to be accepted this only applies to customers outside the UK.
4.1. All orders requiring installation are subject to charges and availability. Please check prices and availability prior to delivery.
4.2. If you require a tune-in service for tagging systems or other electronic components this can be arranged at an agreed price.
4.3. If you require removal of your old security systems. All removals are subject to charges to cover transportation costs, although no charge is made for the disposal of your old appliance. All appliances which are removed will be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way and in full compliance with the WEEE directive. We will remove your old appliance on a one-for-one basis. Old appliances not available for removal at the time may be collected at a later date; however, this will incur a further charge.
5.1. Where stated, orders can be collected free from our collection address.
5.2. You must provide a telephone number if you choose to collect your goods. We may call you to ask whether and when you intend to collect the goods. If we are unable to contact you we may stop holding the goods available for you.
5.3. Once you have been notified that goods are ready for collection, they must be collected within 7 working days from the date of notification. You will need to take the credit or debit card used to make payment along with an official form of identification, which verifies your name and address such as a bank statement, driving licence or utility bill. On arrival, please present your identification and reference number to ourselves.
6. Cancellations and Returns
6.1. If you are not totally satisfied with your goods for any reason, you have the right to cancel your order within 7 working days from date of delivery or collection for credit or refund provided that you return the goods as sold in pristine condition in their unopened original packaging with all components and accessories. Goods must be complete, unused, and in as new condition; for example, if you have opened the box to examine the product it must have been done so without damaging the box and packaging or damaging the product in anyway and must be repackaged as received.
6.2. If goods are purchased from us you will be refunded the full cost of your item/s minus any delivery costs. You are responsible for returning the items to us by a secure method that will include a a tracking number.
6.3. You must notify us of your intention to return the goods by calling ourselves within 7 working days from the date of delivery or collection. The following procedure applies:
1: Electronic items setting must not have been changed or altered.
2. Goods must be as new with all original packaging intact.
3. Used goods will not be accepted back under any circumstances.
4. Buyer agrees no shipping costs will be refunded under any circumstances.
7.1 Retail Security World strive to provide our customers with exceptional quality goods. On rare occasions however, these goods may turn out to be faulty or defective.
Most of our NEW Goods delivered to UK addresses carry a 12 month manufacturer's warranty. As a condition of sale customers must deal directly with the relevant manufacturer and comply with the manufacturer's instructions and warranty procedure. We will refer you directly to the product manufacturer in such cases. We will provide you with the contact information for the relevant manufacturer. The warranty does not apply if the goods have been altered or damaged in any way by the customer or it's employees or agents, or goods not used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
Claims for damage, non-functionality must be made within three days of receipt. After this date, replacements will not be offered.
Subject to the right of consumers to return goods for refund under The Consumer Protection Regulations 2000, Retail Security World do not sell products on a trial basis. Customers are strongly advised to adhere to the product specifications before placing an order.
If your total costs of goods come to or above £1500 we will only accept payment by bank transfer or by cheque, please ask us if this is not suitable before placing your order.
9. EAS Systems
All our EAS Tagging Systems should be installed by a qualified EAS engineer for the best possible results, if you choose not to use one of our EAS engineers for installation we will under no circumstances be held liable for any costs incurred due to any damages to the system or electronic boards not functioning properly due to your own self-installation.
We shall also not be held liable for any return postage costs occurred due to any type of self-installation unless fitted by one of our EAS engineers.
If you wish to self-install we would advise that you send us a photograph preferably via email before placing your order of the location where you would like to place your EAS system.
We will then be able to assist you with a suitable EAS system for the location of your choice.
To avoid any interference all EAS Tagging systems should be kept away from large metal objects, Neon lights, Power supplies and computers etc.
As with any EAS system you may experience noise issues and if such matters arise at a later date or upon self-installation we will gladly assist you by calling on one of our qualified EAS engineers to visit your premises for a fee payable direct to the engineer.
Any further call outs after your EAS System has been installed either by yourself or by one of our recommended EAS Engineers will be chargeable to the EAS engineer and under NO Circumstances are these visits free.
Even if the system starts to false alarm, stops, alarms constantly these are almost always down to a security tag being to close, or other electrical interference, therefore any call outs after the said system/s has been installed are always chargeable.
Most EAS Tagging systems in the UK require a Dedicated 13A Un-switched Fused Spur which should be fitted only by a qualified electrician before any EAS Installation takes place.
You have to accept all off the above in our Terms and Conditions in order to place a sale/s with us
Retail Security World
T&C Updated 4th October 2019